Celebrate their (or your) big day at the
Sugar Hill Children's Museum!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Two Party Room options: a private space in our amazing 9th floor Gallery (up to 25 guests) for Standard Packages OR exclusive after-hours access to our Studio Labs (up to 50 guests) for Deluxe Packages.
- Opportunity to host an art-making activity or storytelling session grounded in the Museum’s mission, facilitated by one of our teaching artists.
- A staff member present to help support and facilitate the experience.
- Free Admission for your entire party to explore and wander throughout the Museum either before or after your party, or to come back at a later date.
- Discounted parking close to the Museum.
Art + Storytelling
Inspired by our guiding principle, What does it mean to be a global citizen?, and the Museum’s on view exhibitions, birthday-goers can opt for an interactive art-making experience and/or hear stories about Sugar Hill and beyond. Suggested activities include:
Fun with Art!
- Masks From Around the World: Be inspired masks from around the world! Use textured materials, adornments and colorful elements to create your very own mask.
- Music Shakers: Let’s make music! Through the use of recycled materials make your own music shaker to get the party started.
Tell me a Story!
- Sweet Tales: Sugar Hill is not only our home, but also an important part of the Harlem Renaissance. Learn more about its residents and hidden jewels.
- Virtuous Journeys: Birthday goers will hear amazing stories filled with virtues like Courage, Grace, Humility and Love. Be sure to sing along, dance and even play musical instruments!
Mix n’ Match: Wanna do both? Ok! We offer special combo packages for party goers to
create art and enjoy the wonderful journey of a story.
- Birthday Party packages start at $350 for Non-Members.
- Members of the Museum receive a discount on birthday party rentals.
- A deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve the date and time.
- Each package includes use of a private cold kitchen, coat check, and bathroom.
- Outside food, drink, and decorations ARE allowed.
- Need a special accommodation? Just ask!